Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got around to buying some hood insulation for my 69 SS. Which way is it supposed to go in the hood? Should the insulation side face the engine, or should the paper side face the engine? And should I use something to attatch it in place?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Hi,

When I pulled the original hood insulation from my 69, there was a small amount of black rubber cement holding it. I cleaned it and put in back without using anything to hold it and it stays in place.

------------------
R.E. Stancliff

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a set for my 69 and the pieces kept falling out of the hood.

The fan took a chunk out of the front piece and the driver's side piece got a slight header burn.

I bought a second set and used spray adhesive to sandwich the two sets together, doubling the thickness.

I then glued pieces of magnetic strip around the perimeter of all four insulation pieces.

The double thickness made the insulation fit tighter in the hood and the magnets hold it in place.

------------------
69 Malibu Sport Coupe

·
Premium Member
587 Posts
Dear Guys: I realize that Ed325hp, in his original post, is probably talking about the real thing, while I may have bogus; however, I had to share this. I purchased a set of underhood insulation pads ( couldn't tell ya the name ) from NPD Detroit about 5 years back. They were all wadded up, kinda double, double in a cello package, and I thought "What the heck have I got here?" Well, the've been under the sport style hood of my '69 Beaumont for years, they look great ( the folds and creases came right out ), and here's the good part...compression fit only. Ya, I couldn't believe it either, so I just went out to check my car before posting this. For once I lucked in. So, if this is of any use to anyone else interested, these aftermarket bits are great. No glue, strips, maintenance of any osrt required. They just kinda sit there and do whatever they are supposed to do. Hope the next guys are as lucky. R.B.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.