Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to replace my hood hindges and would like to save the 150 bucks for hindges and springs and would like to know what other cars we can take the hood hinges from to fit a 72 chevelle. Mabey 442, lemans, skylark?
thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
stevenb8;

Hood hinges wear out! Unless for some reason your hinges were broken, the hinges you get from another car will have the close to the same amount of wear. I have to assume that a Buick hood would get opened the same amount as a Chevy hood.

It may be worth the 150 to get new ones if they are available.

------------------
Wes. Vann
Technical Reference section
Gold Member #5

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Man, if it was me I'd go ahead and get new ones (course I thought I could save $$ too). I have bought 3 sets of hinges. The better looking set was the most worn. Evident by the amount of play once I pulled the springs. The most heavily rusted pair I have (cheapest so far) needs serious sand blasting but appears to be solid enuff.

So I have spent $60, and still would likely buy new springs + couple hours of sandblasting + I figure I'd coat 'em with POR-15 (already have some of that).

The repros are somewhere near $45 each from Ground Up, Year One, etc..

------------------
DG
Springfield, Ohio
70 Chevelle Malibu

www.wright.edu/~adams.6/chevy.htm
TEAM Chevelle Member #0086
Genx member (Founder 4 Ohio)
eBay username: dg98adams

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.