Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1971 LS5 Super Sport Chevelle Survivor from Scuncio Chevrolet

Alright for some reason I can't paste any links.....

Go to Rode Island Craig's list & pull up chevelles & look for the listing above.....

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,704 Posts
What a time capsule, I don't know about 45K?, maybe with the original LS-5 engine? or maybe enough paper and cool factor to bring the 45K, I'd love to have it.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
It's $45,000 for a NOM 71 LS5 with Canadian documentation that was sold at a dealership that was known for selling performance models. Notice the picture on the car on the flatbed, there are no stripes on the hood yet pictures later in the ad show stripes. The ticket to the race track and speed shop receipt mean nothing, they can't be tied to the car. If the car is as nice as the seller implies why are there no detailed pictures, he's knowledgeable enough to know they would be important.

Steve R

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
It's $45,000 for a NOM 71 LS5 with Canadian documentation that was sold at a dealership that was known for selling performance models. Notice the picture on the car on the flatbed, there are no stripes on the hood yet pictures later in the ad show stripes. The ticket to the race track and speed shop receipt mean nothing, they can't be tied to the car. If the car is as nice as the seller implies why are there no detailed pictures, he's knowledgeable enough to know they would be important.

Steve R

After looking at it again, I also noticed the one on the flatbed has a "tach" on the drivers fender. The cleaned up car doesn't.

·
Premium Member
8,074 Posts
ZL2 appears on the build sheet (Canadian Line 100 tag), yet the car doesn't appear to have a functional Cowl Induction hood, just a standard domed hood. Maybe early in its racing career the hood was changed (high rise intake clearance perhaps?). The color combo is neat, and the drivetrain is desirable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts