Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a used Holly 600 carb on my 71 Chevelle but I am not sure about something. I am not sure what the tube sticking out the front left side, at the top of the carb is. I know that the gas goes in the front right side of the carb. I have started the car and there is no air going in or out of this tube. I was woundering if someone could tell what this thing is and if I need it. This tube is right across from the gas tube.

[email protected]

·
Registered
834 Posts
I assume you have a duel feed unit? And the fuel inlet and the other "tube" you are refering to are at a 90 degree angle to each other. The driver side tube is for decoration as far as I know. If it serves another purpose I don't know about it. In any event, you don't need it for anything, just leave it there. If you look in it it is plugged anyway.

------------------
Chris Dagenais
CST Kelsey
'71 Malibu soon to be 454!
http://member.xoom.com/Gandalf80/Chris'sPage

·
Registered
336 Posts
You're talking about the casting on the float bowl that is an exact mirror of the fuel inlet boss? Gandalf is right.. I used to wonder the same thing.. I think it could be drilled & tapped for special applications if needed.. other than that its useless

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.