Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 67 EC with a Holly carb. This is the first Holly I have had since 1967 and I know nothing about them.

Can anyone recommend a good book on Hollys?

I'm not sure which model it is or the CFM. It is a double pumper. Is there a way to id it?

·
Registered
485 Posts
Pat,
I have a Haynes book on Holley carbs. I am just doing my rebuild, but it seems pretty good so far. If you would like you could let me know the numbers and I could ID it to get you started or at least let you know what model number you have.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the Hayes book mention, I'll take a look at it.

Stamped (or cast?) on the air horn is the number 3745. I'm not sure if this is the number you need to id it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
the way you ID it is with the number stamped on the front of the airhorn but I couldnt find a single thing on 3745.. you might want to double check that and post all the numbers, there are probably a couple.. (on the airhorn)

Mike

[This message has been edited by mike reeh (edited 05-30-99).]

·
Registered
336 Posts
that sounds more like it.. 4778 is a model 4150, 700cfm. from the looks of the tech info on it, it seems to be a double pumper (mechanical secondaries). good carb

Mike

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm no expert, but Ive got the holley carburetor book by Dave emanual. It's pretty good and Ive learned a lot. According to the book (Pg. 64), The 4700 series (4776-4781) are aftermarket carbs designed primarily for race applications. I have a 4779 by the way, and will likely change it for a vacuum operated secondary unit. This carb is known to run and idle rich. From the book it looks like its not so easy to rejet and it for sure sucks down the gas and fouls plugs. Book says yours is a 700cfm mine a 750.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.