Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you run a Holley with power brakes AND a pvc valve, should you use a "tee"? There's only one vacuum fiting. I need all the vacuum that I can get.... does putting the pvc valve in the "tee" reduce the vacuum?
Phil

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
if it's just going to the pcv valve i don't think you will hurt anything vac is pretty much the same if im not wrong. do you have a ported vac on the carb if so use it for the pcv valve and your intake manifold vac for your brakes. ????

------------------
members.aol.com/jnkb2cool/chevelle5.jpg John Krenn
1970 malibu SS look-a-like well kinda
307/200-4r

Ft.Worth, Tx

·
Registered
337 Posts
Phil,
Put a fitting in your intake manifold, and run your brake booster off of that.
that's how I have mine.

Jeff

·
Registered
167 Posts
Brake boosters are what the manifold port is for. I was told that a T setup can allow crankcase vapors (oil) into the brake booster, not good. GM even used a check valve on some lines to the boosters supposedly for this reason.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot!
That's what started this whole thing!
I just installed a Victor Jr., I previously had a RPM Performer.
So I just have one port.
Should I use the small port off the Holley??
Phil

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'd run the vacuum to the brakes and just vent the crankcase. To me stopping is number one in importance. With a radical cam the power brakes don't always work that well anyway. tom

·
Registered
262 Posts
A buddy of mine drilled and tapped his victor Jr for a manifold fitting for the same reasons you have. Worked and looked fine and it only took him 15 minutes.
Of course the manifold was off the car at the time.

------------------
Clark
TC #68
Ft. Polk, Louisiana

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.