Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group,

I an or will be wwanting to rebuild my 3419 Holley Carb for my car. A couple questions. Does anyone have a part number for a complete rebuild kit for this carburater. Also can we get these carb parts recolored. Meaning when they are new they have like a gold accent to the metal. Anyone got any info or ideas? Thanks all.

Dwaine

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip. I will check the site and product information out. Anyone use this Eastwoods Carb spray paint? Any good or bad feedback on this stuff?

Dwaine
66SS

·
Registered
137 Posts
I, too, would like to know about this Eastwood spray paint.

I have rebuilt a few Holleys so far, and what I have found is that now they sell a "universal" TrickKit. I rebuilt a 3310 and a 1850 using the same part # for the kit. I don't know if yours will be the same or not, but I'm interested to know.

------------------
Nick Pratt,

TC #1442

Proud owner of a 66 Malibu -
355, four speed, 3.08 pegleg

14.94 @ 93.75

<A HREF="http://www.public.iastate.edu/~amcarthu" TARGET=_blank>
Andy and Nick's Muscle Car Half-way House</A>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nick,

Check out the Eastwoods web site. I read were it does react to some substances or cleaners on the Eastwood web site. I am a little concerned it would begin to look like crap after awhile. I am hoping someone might know how this metal can refinished with the factory tint gold color. Hmmm hope someone has figured this isssue out?

Dwaine
66SS

·
Registered
137 Posts
If I remember Gene (Chas) had his Holleys redone (for his Trips setup) and if I remember correctly, he had Holley re-do them.

Gene?

·
Gold Founding Member
10,971 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nick,

I was thinking had heard Rich with the very nice L-79 had done the same with Holley. Hopefully Rich or Gene can shed a little light on this Holley Carb rebuild service. I am going to the Holley website. Hopefully I can leave a message for feedback.Thanks for your input on these questions.

Dwaine
66SS

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Holley will do both a rebuild and replate the carb to make it look new again!
I would not have much confidence in the paint. I've seen the paint deal on brake boosters peal off. I think the finished product looks OK, but I don't think it looks like it was when new. And I don't think it will be very durable.
Maybe for a trailer queen?

When you talk to Holley be sure to ask and compare $ to a new OEM replacement Carb.
Some times a rebuild with replating may be close to a New OEM Original Replacement Carb.
I ordered a brand new Holley # R-4346 replacement (from Summit Racing) for my L78.
It was perfect!

FastSS396man

------------------
69' SS396 Chevelle
L78 396/375hp
M-21 Close Ratio
10 year Resto
It's brand new again!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've used the Eastwood carb recolor paint. It does make the carb pretty good for the $20 the paint cost(2 cans). It does take some time to mask of everything. It's much easier to do with the carb apart. I just did the external surfaces, nothing inside the air horn area. I was a little skeptical when I first started, but when I completed puting the carb together I was pleased with the result. Some of the holley rebuild kits are available with new screws so the end result is even nicer. But it's just like any other paint. You can't get any harsh chemicals on it or it will come off. Nothing beats the original plating but it's not a bad inexpensive alternative. By the way, you don't need to do the carb base, just the body.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All,

I printed off the info from Holleyon Dicromating ad Rebuild and Return. I think I will give them a call and get a price for these services. If its the price of an OEM carb I wil most likely run with restoring my 3419 with its correct date code 622. Thanks everyone for all the good feedback and info.

Dwaine
66SS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.