Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
They say changing jets are easier in those Holley carbs. I did notice though that Jegs
quit listing those carbs in their catalog. I don't know if they have problems with them or not but I'm sure somebody in here knows. I like the good ole Q-jet. I had mine done by Brad Urban at the Carburetor Shop. It is and 800cfm carb and boy is it responsive. No quadra-bog here. They set this one up nice. I have heard that if you have a 4-speed it is best to get a double-pumper and the automatics are better with vacuum secondaries unless you have a 2800 stall or more.

------------------
Malibu 307 (aka 406 smblk
69 SS 396(aka 454)
Wolf in sheeps skin

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have JEG's latest catalog and the carb I am talking about is listed on page 19-V. It is listed as #510-0-80555S. Have you any experience with this carb?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ken

I am by no means a carb expert.
I have a 4010 which is very similar to the 4011. They look good and have fewer places to leak but I have been told by several different so called experts that these are not good performance carbs.

I can tell you from personal experience that the shiny good looks dont last long and oxidized aluminum looks down right ugly.

I have not had any problems with mine.(besides the oxidation)

Clark

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Sorry I must have missed them in Jegs my apology to everyone.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ken2:
If you do not have one of these carbs, I have one that is about 7 months old that I am not going to use. It is man. choke, and vac. secondaries. It includes the Summit dual fuel line and pressure gauge. E-mail me if you are interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.