Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running an edelbrock performer carb on my gmpp 350. I bought it brand new and have gone through two since in the two years that i have had the moter. Each time i had a leak out of the main throttle shaft and the accelerator shaft. I had the same problems with the same brand new carb that i replaced it with. I am thinking about getting a holley street avenger and would like to know some oppinions on it.

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
So, why did the 1st carb leak? Second carb leaking leads me to believe it is a problem with your fuel system. What kind of fuel pressure are you running? Too much pressure can be a bad thing.....Have you consulted Edelbrock Tech about this problem? If one or both of the carbs are new or bought new, Edelbrock Tech should be able to square you away and save you the purchase costs of a new carb.

FYI, I have an Edelbrock Thunder AVS 800 on my 68 RatVette. Other than some jetting changes to dial it in, she's been a great carb. In fairness, my 3310 Holley had been through the mill several times, several years of occasional driving and numerous repairs to stop the leaks Holleys get when they sit around on Hanger Queens like my Vette. It sure is nice to go out to the Vette, fire it up and drive off vs
1. Investigate the gas smell
2. Fix leaks
3. Adjust floats
4. drive off

Sorry, no personal experience with Holley Street Avenger.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts