Chevelles.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was having issues with a 750 duel feed carb I have. I swapped it for a 600 I have and the car idles better but is richer at cruise. Its 12.5 now compared to 13.5 with the 750. Anyway I was looking over the 750 and the transfer slots aren't equally exposed. One side is .020 and the other is.030. What would cause that? Could that affect tuning?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I measured the transfer slots in the base plate. Both front and back passenger side slots are longer or maybe shorter I guess. Not sure which side it right.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I have always just adjusted them so they are a squares not rectangles and it has always worked for me.. Never measured them.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to my local speed shop for a couple things and they put me in touch with a local carb guy. I went to his shop and that's his specialty carburetors. I talked with him about my idle issues with the 750. He seemed to know what needed to be done to the carb based on what I told him. I gave him my engine specs. He's gonna add a rear metering block and make some other changes to work with my engine.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
This should be fun to watch.

Slots should only be open .020 when at correct curb idle (slot openings square, not rectangle).

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
What Dave said ↑↑↑↑ read what bob says in the article I linked you to.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This should be fun to watch.

Slots should only be open .020 when at correct curb idle (slot openings square, not rectangle).
What should be fun to watch???
I'm having my carb looked at and any issues corrected along with a couple improvements.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I understand the transfer slots being square and not open to far. The transfer slots are not exposed equally that's the issue.

·
Premium Member
Bill
1,231 Posts
Are the throttle blades closed and opening equally; bent shaft or blade?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are the throttle blades closed and opening equally; bent shaft or blade?
Throttle blades looked good. I measured the transfer slots seemed like they're not equal. I don't the carb it's at a shop getting checked out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts