Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My floor has a couple holes that are right where the seats bolt in, right on the supports under the floor, can anyone recommend a good way to repair them so that it is structurally sound for bucket seats... I am a little on the poor side and can't afford replacements anytime soon...so please give me some good advice... thanks...

------------------
--------
Julia
'71 Chevelle :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Julia, leave the holes there so your lost love ones can watch over you

Seriously, you can just use some sheet metal to weld in a patch ot two........GT

·
Registered
622 Posts
Are these holes rusted or cracked/torn ??If buckets were bolted in without reinforcing,or original bucket seat mounts, that is the problem.there must be reinforcing of some type where the inner sides of the bucket seats mount. Use at least heavy fender washers.If they are rust, forget all the above.

------------------

·
Registered
636 Posts
Dont use fiberglass, you are most likely going to go thru the windshield the first time you stand on the brakes, or find yourself in the backseat the first time you step on the other pedal. Weld in new metal. I'm sure someone will pipe up here pretty quick and tell you to use POR's floor resto kit, but this is no place to use any of this stuff. If you don't have the skill or tools to weld it yourself, then please for the sake of your own safety get someone else to do it. Mat ACES #2424

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.