Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a new cam in my 350 chevy engine along with new stiffer valve springs. The cam is supposed to be good for power in the 1500-6500 RPM range. What do I need to do to my engine to let it operate in this RPM range safely? Im hoping to get some new roller rockers soon but do I need anything else?

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you have an msd with a rev limiter i would put the limiter to like 6800 or somewhere in that range to make sure you don't really wing it. Are you going to be changing anything else (manifold, exhaust, etc?) But the 350 should be ok with a little higher of a rev…

------------------
1970 chevelle
406 - TH-350 - soon to be 411's
engine
Interior
"When life hands you lemons, ask for a bottle of tequila and salt."

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
What's the bottom end like? do you have stock cast pistons, bearings, bod bolts, is it balanced? What about the heads? Do you have 1.94 or 2.02 valves, has there been any port work, fresh multi angle valve job? If the answer to most of the above is no, then don't spin the motor so high. Something closer to 5800 would be better. Also do you have the gears and converter to get the most out of your combination?

Steve R.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bottom end is stock. I am planning on getting a new intake manifold. The heads are stock. For exhaust I have headers and 2 1/2" pipes exiting before the rear axle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.