Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to find or build a high beam button that is a momentary contact push button. to fit in the same place as the stock floor button. I need the wires to come out the side. most industrial push buttons have the wires come out the bottom. I am replacing the stock switch with a relay from a vw rabbit with a push button switch on the turn signal sw. arm like modern cars. back in 46- 48 ford & merc & nash had a second floor button ( momentarry contact) that changed the stations on the car radio.

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
50's Buicks had that type of floor button for their auto search radios too.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Give us the whole thing your working on,maybe we can find something that'll work.

I understand that your putting the highbeam sw on the column,but why do you now need a momentary push button on the floor?

Ever notice some of the times that posts are made? ASB posted on 02-08-2005 @ 03:34 AM Couldnt sleep :confused:

·
Gold Founding Member
64,411 Posts
Originally posted by supersport396_2000:
Doesnt say if its momentary or not but i found this one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27381&item=4524997428&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Looks like the wires come out of the bottom of that one.

We use to be able to buy horn buttons that had a "2 bolt clamp" that clamped around the steering column.
I've seen those horn buttons screwed to the floor by not using the screws and lower half of the clamp that comes with them.

Probably still available somewhere, maybe J.C. Whitney.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am looking for a single momentary contact sw. that will fit in the stock location with wiring coming out the side. I figured I might as well put somthing back in the stock location & wire it to the sw. I put on the turn sig shaft. Later if I can figure how to post it I hope to post a diagrahm & pictures. some relays even allow you to flash your high beams with the headlights off. yes I do have a problem with sleeping. I have long ongoing health pain problems from car accident injuries.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
?? I posted back & it didnt take?? Colby, great ether one of those switches will work. I figure I might as well fill the old hole & hook it to the sw. on the turn signal arm so that ether will work.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well both of those switches sold on ebay. much higher then I was willing to pay. oh well, not a high priority. some day I will find them. I could use 3 or 4 of them for differnt cars. If I can figure out how to post pictures & wiring diagrams I would.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.