Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Long time lurker, first time poster. As per the title I'm located in Western Australia and I finally got myself a 1969 Chevelle late last year. I have wanted a 70 for the last 20 years but even seeing one of these cars in person was difficult enough over here let alone wrangling the opportunity to purchase one. In the meantime my obsession with our local GM manufacturer (Holden) kept me busy in the garage.
After seeing a 69 SS and 69 Malibu at an importers along side a restored 70 SS a few years ago I became keen on the 69 but not in a position to do anything about it.
Anyway, wasn't really in a position to do anything about this one either but when I saw the ad I was able to move on my daily and a project with the help of the Covid economy.
So far it has been one of my best ever purchases- shipping, import admin and local registration were already done and everything works so I all I had to do was transfer it and drive it away. The costs and headaches involved with all that have previously prohibited me from getting to this point.
I haven't really needed to do much apart from some bits of trim here and there- she has some rust but it can wait- My family and are enjoying driving the car as it is. (I mean bigger tyres, wheels, steering wheel, stereo etc are on the way, but nothing major)
Jake
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Welcome to Team Chevelle
love the Colour Vinyl Roof
you were lucky to score a 396 SS

Do not forget to check the Age of the Tires
and any other Rubber Parts

·
Premium Member
Vancouver BC Canada
2,318 Posts
Welcome to the Site Jake. Very nice looking 69 and yep Love the colour and the Vinyl roof!
As for changing the tyres and wheels.. up to you but on the whole it looks Great the way she is!
Good on ya...!

Reactions: Jake08

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
What's gas cost in Australia these days? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts