Chevelles.com banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals, we are a new sponsor to Team Chevelle and look forward to helping out here on the forum and making new friends! :beers:

·
Premium Member
698 Posts
Hello and welcome. Has anybody from this site installed a perfect fit kit with no modifications to the floor in a 68-72 that had a 4 speed in it ? I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I don't want to hack up my original floors. Anybody...? My car does not have a console. I have read many threads on this. But the perfect fit kit sounds good. Only people that have installed this kit need reply.

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
68-72 tunnel mods for Keisler TKO

Hello and welcome. Has anybody from this site installed a perfect fit kit with no modifications to the floor in a 68-72 that had a 4 speed in it ? I have been wanting to do this for a long time. I don't want to hack up my original floors. Anybody...? My car does not have a console. I have read many threads on this. But the perfect fit kit sounds good. Only people that have installed this kit need reply.
Hi Tony, we have had numerous no-cut installs on the 68-72 Chevelles with the PerfectFit case machining and shifter. It seems the biggest factor in acheiving this is the body mounts.

When the body mounts age and compress the tunnel clearance is decreased at the same time. Replacing the body mounts will raise the body back up to the original height and either greatly reduce or eliminate the tunnel mods needed for the TKO install. :yes:

·
Registered
5,063 Posts
Hi Jeff
If I recall----you sold me my tko600 for my 66 Elky.

Just so ya all know----67 and earlier will need floor mods.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Bryan59EC said:
Hi Jeff
If I recall----you sold me my tko600 for my 66 Elky.
Same here, you sold me mine for my '66 Elco too.

Enjoying it very much, and the floor mods were no big deal, pretty straightforward.

My Elco sits on solid body bushings, and I never even tried to fit the trans w/o tunnel mods, since my tunnel replacement is bolted in and can be removed for trans service.
Makes that much easier than doing everything from below!

Eric

·
Registered
11,996 Posts
Jeff, I spoke to you when I used to be over at CF.

I need the harness so I can get the reverse lockout solenoid working and the reverse lights (97 T56).

What can you do price wise on a transducer box so the speedo cable works?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Same here, you sold me mine for my '66 Elco too.

Enjoying it very much, and the floor mods were no big deal, pretty straightforward.

My Elco sits on solid body bushings, and I never even tried to fit the trans w/o tunnel mods, since my tunnel replacement is bolted in and can be removed for trans service.
Makes that much easier than doing everything from below!

Eric
I remember that one, its the daily driven car right? What kind of fuel mileage are you seeing?

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jeff, I spoke to you when I used to be over at CF.

I need the harness so I can get the reverse lockout solenoid working and the reverse lights (97 T56).

What can you do price wise on a transducer box so the speedo cable works?
The cable converter box is $349 :eek: Your money would be better spent on an electronic speedometer in my opinion.

·
Registered
584 Posts
KeislerJeff said:
I remember that one, its the daily driven car right? What kind of fuel mileage are you seeing?
Yes Jeff, good memory!
It is daily driven, since my daughter's terrible accident the Elco has pulled serious duty at hospitals, hauling wheelchairs and equipment, etc, all with the TKO giving a really smooth performance.

The gear spread is perfect with the 3.73s in the Dana rear.
The car can be driven under 2500 at all times in all gears and not be a hindrance (dangerous) in traffic.

It currently is getting about 21-22 mpg on the freeway, and about 16-18 around town. The car is set up as a serious street/strip car, the engine closing in on 600 hp, so the mileage is great.

The difference on the freeway is much more than just lower rpm and quieter cruising, longer engine life.... it is also a very important safety factor.
It was scary to drive at 3500+ rpm all the time, because I found myself tending to go slower, and often we'd come really close to being rear-ended on the freeway.

With the Tremec TKO-600, our drives on the freeway are at least 100% safer, my wife and daughter not nearly as much at risk, and that to me is a truly wonderful benefit.

I'm not writing this as a sales testimonial. I'm simply reporting the astounding difference in cost and safety that the Keizler complete kit made to our family.

Eric

current view

·
Premium Member
13,728 Posts
Welcome to the site :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts