Team Chevelle banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys-I am trying to tackle most of the prep on my chevelle to avoid a huge expense at the body shop.

I have already gotten advice on high spots and I plan to tap them down, fill and re-prime. What do you guys do about hood edges and hard corners that have been sanded though. I know my next step after blocking will be a sealer but after going through all the rust preventing steps I want to make sure I do the right thing.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
4,650 Posts
Sealer is appied right before paint; in the booth. You don't do it now and ship it to the bodyshop. It does not get sanded either. Any tiny areas will be taken care of by the sealer, especially if using epoxy reduced to do so. I've said it before: Pull the tech data sheets available in pdf from any manufacturer and educate yourself on many of the procedures and requirements for product usage.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah-I was not planning on spraying the sealer I just wanted to see how people treated the exposed metal after sanding. I have been battling rust of almost 2 years and don't want to be the cause of the paint job failure. I have the pdf's on both the high build and the epoxy primer I am using.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts