Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hi setting on my blower quit a few days ago.
Had the same thing last year and the fine folks here came to the conclusion that I needed a new blower motor.

Well it worked fine until I got my air serviced and running cold and it slowly petered out.
The day I got it done it would work if I jigled the levers that changed the venting. Now it will only work if I jump the orange and purple wire under the hood.

Any one have any idea what has broken now?

·
Registered
135 Posts
If the lower speeds work, i would look at the blower relay(under hood on the case)the lower speeds run power from the blower resis.high speed gets battery voltage from the relay.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Check the orange wire running from the horn relay
Should be a inline fuse in that line -could be inside the conduit on the firewall- you should have power to the relay side of that orange wire at all times.
If you do then the relay has probably failed It can be replace with a new sealed(read more dependable) 40 amp relay from radio shack.
email me and tomorrow between the races I'll email you back a picture and diagram for rewiring

1 - 5 of 5 Posts