Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why don't you all truck over to http://www.LS1.com . From what I saw it has some nice information and the same user friendly interface as Team Chevelle.

------------------
Francis Taracido Gold# 201 :)
[email protected]
History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man.
Oh No! You Know She's Got To Go!
Go Go Quadzilla! <oo=+=oo>
members.aol.com/sniper0666/page/index.html

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yeah, I can't quite decide on which one to make my home page! Both are great resources.

BTW, although I love my BBC, the LS1 makes me grin everytime I hammer it. They really rock!

Pat
'70 Chevelle
'99 TA WS6 Ragtop

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yup,

and did you hear that GM is now selling all-AL Corvette LS1s as crate motors? $5300 now...In Feb they'll come out with one that comes complete with computer and all the necessary hookups for a late model tranny. $5700 is the projected price...

Anyone know how much Lingenfelter (sp?) charges to go through one of these? I'd love to stick a LS1 he's massaged in my 'Camino (Santa? I've been good...) Can't convince the wife of the practicallity of it yet...I'm working on it though.

------------------
68 El Camino...Slow, Much Work Required
98 Z28...Fast, No Work Required
Goodfellow AFB, San Angelo, TX -- Where? That's what I said..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went to Lingenfelters site, and i think it was like another $15,000 to take the 300+ horse stock motor to the 382 ci 450+ engine. He also has a twin turbo corvette engine that looks unbelieveably expensive.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Ya it is a good site. I have been on the LS1 site for about 7 months ever since I was prepping to buy my LS1. Some good info and some crap but entertaining in the anything goes section.

The new vortec 8100 will be an awesome addition to the GM line begining in 2001. (496 Ci all new BB).

See ya

------------------
Mr. D
72 454 El Camino
68 RS/SS Camaro
73 RS/LT/Z28 Camaro
99 Firebird TA WS-6 A4

[This message has been edited by Mr. D (edited 12-15-99).]

·
Premium Member
6,912 Posts
Due to getting a new 2000 Z28, I feel a little guilty about spending more time reading over there. I just can't leave the new car alone. I've got my wish list made.

I remember my father getting a new Pontiac Bonneville with a 455 in 1970. What's the first thing you do? Turn the aircleaner lid upside down (thing sounded like a jet). The concepts are the same (get more air through the engine), the methods are different. Can you say cat-back, IAT, MAF, CAGS?

The interesting thing that I've noticed about the LS1 crowd is that they are not bashful about modifying their cars. I'm sure there are a great deal of date coded components being pulled off. Sound familiar?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.