Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
16,194 Posts
The wife would own that 502 and I would be living in the barn if I tried that!
Philip

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
You know, 90% of everything that I have, I got between marriages. I could have a 502 0r a 509 or ------------------------------------------------------------

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
I just love that 90% of everything I have I got between marriages? What's your real name "Plato"! Can it be said that 90% of everything you lost you lost during divorces?

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Allow me to rephrase that. 90% of everything I STILL have, I got between marriages. It seems that my ability to accumulate is greatly diminished when married. The little lady always seems to have the paycheck spent on "things we need" before I can make it to the swap meets or parts store. I had to rathole money to go to the Chickasha swap meet, and when I got home I had to leave some things in the trunk until there was a strategic opportunity to go into the attic. And those of you who don't relate to this tactic are either single, extremely young or just plain naive. C'mon, confess.

Oman,
During one divorce, I wanted to keep the house (mainly because the equity from another house was used for a down payment). I felt it was more than fair to pay her 1/2 of the equity of the new house. HELL, she wanted ALL the equity! You know what? she got it too (or I lost the house). I guess it worked out OK, 12yrs later I got a good price for the house and now I have a house with my dream garage (6 car).
------------------
Tom Parsons

[This message has been edited by DZAUTO (edited 10-20-99).]

·
Administrator
16,194 Posts
DZ, I can relate to showing purchases to the wife at oppertune moments. She found the Viper alarm I bought before I was ready to show her, but I pointed out it was something that I could not hide from her, what with all the little beeps and flashing of lights. However I still only have a 20x20 garage, how did you get a 6 car?? I have built her a barn, corral, a large storage building and remodeled the whole house,she even got the hot tub she always wanted (although I enjoy it also), but I can't seem to get a larger shop worked into the budget.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Lakeside, AZ
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
As to the trunk of the car comment. Don't ya just hate it when those kind of Draconian measures are required? My personal nadir has been things I gotta get delivered via UPS / FED-EX or U.S. Mail. Stuff never fails to show up when I am on a business trip!!!!!!

A complete exhaust system showed up for my Vette one day. It was the WELDED variety. The mufflers and intermediate engine pipes are welded into one piece.

Darn Fed-Ex layed it on the ground in front of the garage door!!! Guess who got home first that day.

As to garages. Built a house a few years ago and was able to get the basement built with steel girders for that "open flowing look" added a 12 foot garage door and presto room for 4 cars and my motorcycle. VERY important to have a cool place to work in Atlanta in the summer.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Philip,
That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about! By the time her STUFF is funded, there's no funding left. And if by chance there is money left, she suddenly remembers something she forgot to get and she MUST get it now! When we started planing for the new house and it was starting to become a reality that I would get a BIG garage, an edict came forth that if I got a bigger garage, she was going to get a bigger kitchen. Real quick I decided I could live with that one. Wrong thing to do. NOW as a result, before I get anything, she gets this or that. Oh well.

oman,
Yep. You're catching on! Every time! Every DAMN time! UPS drivers have got a thing against guys ordering car parts.
And you're right about the doors. I have 2 16ft doors in front and 1 16ft in back. With all of them open the breeze blows out that stagnated hot air. Nothing like working in the shade.

------------------
Tom Parsons

·
Registered
18 Posts
Genes wife is a divorce attorney...

------------------
Partel Roos
Tallinn, Estonia, Europe
Law Student, Tartu University (a.d. 1632)
GSM cell ph: +37 250 93828

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.