Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a copy of the November issue of Hemmings? I'm looking for the phone number of the guy in Montana who advertised an LS-6 for sale for about $41K. He's no longer in the latest issue and I wanted to phone him and see if the car sold. Thanks, guys.

------------------
Stan Hanek
'66 SS - 396 4 sp.
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Stan (edited 01-05-2000).]

·
Gold Founding Member
462 Posts
Stan you sure it`s nov. I checked mine and there`s no ls6 from Montana that i can find.

------------------
CFR.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not exactly sure, but I thought I saw it during November on their online version. I know it ran for several months this past fall. It was a black car advertised as fully restored. Thanks for your effort.

------------------
Stan Hanek
'66 SS - 396 4 sp.
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Stan (edited 01-05-2000).]

·
Gold Founding Member
166 Posts
If I remember correctly there was a posting on that car here on Team Chevelle several months ago. As I recall the jist was that it referred to a web page that showed a picture of the car and the price. Most of the comments seemed to be along the lines that the seller was a dreamer for thinking he could get that much for it.

There is one that is either the same one or very similar at the following site.

http://www.1inamillioncars.com/chevelle1.html

Is the one pictured at this site the same car?

------------------
Larry
Gold Member #245
Seattle WA

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stan, I just looked in the October issue of Hemmings and I found the add that you are looking for:

70 SS LS6 454-450 hp, numbers matching, build sheet, concours restoration, black, white stripes, black vinyl top, white interior, bucket seats, M-22 4-spd, console, 12-bolt, 3:31, cowl induction, mint show car, one of the best in the country, $41,500. Dave, 406-778-2765, MT.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Hugh! That's the one I was looking for.

Larry, I'm looking for a "real" LS-6. I've seen that ad and I "know better".

------------------
Stan Hanek
'66 SS - 396 4 sp.
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Stan (edited 01-06-2000).]

·
Registered
45 Posts
If the L-S6 is matching numbers,then I assume the owner means it is 100% correct.Then why does he state 3:31 12 bolt with a close ratio m-22.Unless it is a special order, I was under the impression m-22's came with a lot lower gears.373 and lower I believe.

------------------

·
Registered
99 Posts
Most of the LS6 cars with an M22 came with 331 rear end. I have the build sheet to my car and it shows GY2 code for 331 ratio axle,
and it has a M22.

·
Registered
233 Posts
3.73 gears were never offered to LS6 Chevelles.Only 3.31 and 4.10 gears were the choice.I heard of one very early LS6 car with 3.55 gears but mostly that set was only used on the L78 along with the M21.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Most SS's I have seen in 66-72 with the Big Block have 3.31 gearing from the factory . It would be safe to say your regular Chevelle SS you bought off the Dealer's lot in 1970 had the 3.31 gear.

------------------
Malibu 307 (aka 406 smblk)
69 SS 396(aka 454)
Wolf in sheeps skin

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With all the 3.31 geared Chevelles that were sold it's interesting to note that so many guys claim to have M-21 trannies - original, too!
. So far, out of two Chevelles I've bought where the sellers claimed to have M-21's they were both M-20's. The last one needed a synchro kit when I took it out so I just traded it in on a new M-22.

By the way, Dave in Montana sold the LS-6 and claims he got what he asked. Must have been a beautiful car ... Oh, well. My wife would've divorced me, anyway. Hmmm ...

------------------
Stan Hanek
'66 SS - 396 4 sp.
[email protected]

·
Administrator
16,204 Posts
I had a 70 Malibu with the L-48, M-21 and 3.31 12 bolt. All factory installed verified by the build sheet. It would have been better with an M-20 it was slow out of the hole.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Gold Member #42
"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
[email protected]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.