Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the deal I just replaced the sweep dash in my chevelle with one out of a monte with idiot lights no tach. the problem is now my wipers won't work my headlights won't come on but every othe lights will work my turn signal lights on the inside won't flash butthey flash on the outside and they all worked before.also I can't get the car to start it won't do nothing if it's the neutral safty switch what is the easiest way around the switch all together the car was originally an automatic on the colme now it's on the floor :confused:

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Every year car is slightly different so guessing you didn't tie down a dash ground. That might correct some of your problems. On the headlight problem: Did you connect up the high/low bean switch on the floor. Think I'd check around in that area. Easiest way, but not the safest, is to tie the 2 purple wires together that went to the NSS. Problem is your car will start in any gear. I'm assuming you are putting in a manual trans and not just a floor shifter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the haedlights working the only thing is when I hit high beam they go out they only work on low beam the windshild wiperwon't work at all

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Dumb me. If I would have looked at your name I would have figured out you have a 72. Chase one thing at a time. On your headlights, open the hood and pull the left headlight socket off. Pull the headlight switch on. Measure the green wire to ground. Measure the brown wire to ground. Hit the high/low switch on the floor. You should have power on one of the wires in one position and power on the other wire in the other position. See how that part goes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok I got everything working except the wiper switch is there anyway to check the switch or is there a ground I should look for that I might have forgotten?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts