Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My turn signals quit working on my 66, Ireplaced the flasher and checked fuses they all are OK. Then I was looking at wiring and I noticed that when I tapped on the backup light switch located near firewall on top of column I heard it blink . It would blink every time I hit it. Does this switch have anything to do with my blinkers Im stumped all help is appreciated.how do I know what wires to test etc... thanks

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Sounds like the turn signal switch. Brake light circuits split off inside the switch. Otherwise, you would illuminate the front park lights as well as the brake lights when you hit the brakes.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Yes, the brake light circuit is routed through the turn signal switch where it splits the front and rear signal lamps. I asumed you meant brake light switch instead of back-up light switch, because the back-up light switch is usually inside the transmission. Do the wiggle test on the turn signal switch wiring going up the column. with either left or right signal on and key on, wiggle the wires. If you hear the flasher, you've probably got some bad wiring going up to the switch. Since they are part of the switch assembly, you'll still have to replace the switch

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Randy I wiggled the wires and got them to blink,whats my next step .Im fairly new to this so sorry if Im asking to many questions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.