Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi... I need a heater resistor (controls speeds) for a 70 Chevelle/El Camino. I'd like new, but a working used one would be great too. The part number stamped on mine is 3949879. That may be the part number, it may also only be the casting number ( which is sometimes ony 1 number out, the last number, from the part number)

Thx

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
wheres this part located? and do you have a picture? jim

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
is this the piece that bolts on with two screws & has three different thickness of wire windings ?? if so its available at the parts store its the restate for the fan speed motor

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Hi... I need a heater resistor (controls speeds) for a 70 Chevelle/El Camino. I'd like new, but a working used one would be great too. The part number stamped on mine is 3949879. That may be the part number, it may also only be the casting number ( which is sometimes ony 1 number out, the last number, from the part number)

Thx
If a 70 is the same as a 72 and I think it is, then.

If it's a non AC car (three speed fan) you should be able to get the resistor at any good parts store.

If it's an AC car (four speed fan) well I hate to say it, but good luck. I looked for a long time to find that resistor, had to recycle one.

·
Registered
14,558 Posts
Like I was saying, can you tell us where the parts located? in the ac suitcase? on the ac controller? If we knew what exact part it is, we might be able to help. jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The part is located in the A/C box, inside engine compartment. It has 2 screws holding it in at the top/bottom of diamond shape.It controls your speeds...3 coils curly shaped, one of the coils burns out and you lose the high speed usually. can't get anymore "exact" than that....
Pretty common part on MOST cars..............Let me know if you have one. It will have 3 coils, for 3 speeeds..............

THX

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.