Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 66 chevelle malibu that when the head lights are on often the passanger side front blinker does not work. Or someetimes it will work but then when the lights are off it wont work. very baffling. Or if I just turn on the running lights (i guess thats what they are called) sometimes only one comes on. Also the brake lights on the passanger side work sometimes and not others.

thanks for any help

Perry

·
Registered
318 Posts
I had a same similar issue. My passenger side brake light would stay on all the time if the lights were on and I would blow fuses for the instrument panel and taillights. Here is what I did. I replaced the socket in the rear light. It worked but failed again. I replaced it one more time and it has worked ever since. I also had to replace the front turn signal bulb because it was blown. The resistance from that signal light was most likely blowing the fuses. All has been fine ever since. The fact that it works sometimes and not others most likely is a connection issue. Start at either end of the connection (bulb, or switch) and go from there. That usually takes care of electrical.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts