Team Chevelle banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some reading on the forums and alittle confused on the hookup of my Washer Monitor for my 70.

Looks like I have the version that doesn't have the connector, nor the hookup to the horn relay.

The 2 wires for the Washer Monitor are - Black w/Purple stripe (assume power) and Black (assume ground)

I guess I have to splice into my washer motor. I have 2 sets of connectors, one going to the washer pump (Black w/yellow wire and a dark blue wire); the other connector has 1 Light Blue wire, 2 black with yellow wires and 1 black wire...

Which wires do I splice into?

Thanks -- me and electrical dont play nice together.

Dave

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Dave:

You didn't do enough searching. There have been numerous threads posted including how to do the wiring. Here's the short course:

All that you want to do is turn on a light bulb when the wipers are on. The lamp socket on your fluid monitor should have two wires: a white which grounds to the fender (you say you have a black and the color is immaterial) and a black with a pink tracer (what you call purple). The black with the pink tracer runs up to your wiper motor and taps into the black wire with the pink tracer that comes directly out of your wiper motor. It does not tap into any of the wires from the two harness connectors. Your fluid level monitor will light up only when your wiper motor is running in either speed. This is contrary to the first version that received power from the horn relay and kept the monitor light on constantly as long as the ignition was on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts