Team Chevelle banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1970 chevelle wagon that i am cloning to an SS. I am trying to find out if carpet for a wagon and a 2 door are the same, and where they are available if they are different. thanks Gary

·
Premium Member
13,744 Posts
Check with Philip, he is a member here and has a really awesome 72(I think) wagon that he has done extensive work too. He'll give you straight info!!

·
Super Moderator
15,939 Posts
For the 68-72 models you'd need a 4-door style carpet. The 2-door carpet will not fit right (will be too short). For the 68-72 years the 4-door and wagon models used a longer wheelbase than the 2-door models and thus the floor pans are longer on the 4-door and wagon bodies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For the 68-72 models you'd need a 4-door style carpet. The 2-door carpet will not fit right (will be too short). For the 68-72 years the 4-door and wagon models used a longer wheelbase than the 2-door models and thus the floor pans are longer on the 4-door and wagon bodies.
thanks for that info. does anyone know who sells it for a 4 door?

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
My son in law is planning to order his from the Truck and Car Shop in Orange, CA. We're told the one piece carpet kit is only for 2 doors, the two piece is for 4 doors and wagons.

·
Super Moderator
15,939 Posts
My son in law is planning to order his from the Truck and Car Shop in Orange, CA. We're told the one piece carpet kit is only for 2 doors, the two piece is for 4 doors and wagons.
Other than the El Camino, all stock style carpet sets are two-piece.

·
Premium Member
2,946 Posts
In the catalog for the Truck and Car Shop in Orange, CA they show one piece carpet. 2 piece works in 2 doors, 4 doors and wagons.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
In the catalog for the Truck and Car Shop in Orange, CA they show one piece carpet. 2 piece works in 2 doors, 4 doors and wagons.
Just becuase the carpet is 2 pieces, doesn't mean it will fit correctly in all 2 doors, 4 doors & wagons. 4 doors & wagons have a narrower back seat & the rear section of the carpet sets for those cars is longer to cover the portion of the floor that would be exposed if a 2 door carpet was installed. If you go on Rockauto or ACC's website & click around, they have photos that show the differences between them.

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
I always take a catalog description with a grain of salt. They'll say anything to sell a product. Best place for information is right here. Then use a vendor thats sells from you have learned.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
I always take a catalog description with a grain of salt. They'll say anything to sell a product. Best place for information is right here. Then use a vendor thats sells from you have learned.
If this was directed at my reply, I own a wagon, so I'm speaking from experience. I suggested looking at the ACC website & Rockauto for visual confirmation, not speculation. Regardless, I agree with you. Vendors will list anything for multiple applications if it means a sale.

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
I used the 4 door/wagon carpet kit with a jute backing.

]

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
If this was directed at my reply, I own a wagon, so I'm speaking from experience. I suggested looking at the ACC website & Rockauto for visual confirmation, not speculation. Regardless, I agree with you. Vendors will list anything for multiple applications if it means a sale.
Not at all, just commenting on some vendors. Like I said, best information is found on this site with those who have actual experience such as yourself.

Reactions: Pete 67
1 - 14 of 14 Posts