Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
i just installed my black magic fan part number 150, the problem im having is that damn sensor probe doesnt work worth a **** i believe. for the heat to have to travel all the way thru that long line of extra line they give you that cannot be modified itd take my engine to be 467* farenheit!! anyone running this fan have any tips, or ideas on what i can do to get the damn thing to operate id greatly appreciate it. we have checked all the wiring and it is going to its correct place and has power when needed, we did a manual switch just to make sure the fan works and it works fine, i just want it to operate with the temperature sending unit.

thanks

rick

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Might check over in the Heating and Cooling forum. That's usually where the fan install guys hang.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I, too, had lots of problems with using a probe in the radiator when I installed a '95 Vette LT1 in my '83 Elky. I finally solved it by using a fan sensor switch from a '93 GMC truck that screwed into the passenger side head and connected it to the fan relay. It turns on (switches to ground) at 213 degrees, off at about 185. Works perfectly--no trouble since! BTW, if you've got a patient parts man, you can get these sensors for different on/off temps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts