Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the rear seat out of my 66 convertible for many months while working on the convertible top and cylinders. I now need to install the new seat belts and reinstall the seat.

First with the seat belts, what is the order of installation for the male and female ends? I'm installing three sets in the rear.

Second, I can't remember how the rear seat installs. Can anyone help me here. I should have taken photos.

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't know if your convertable changes this, but the rear seat on my hard top went in like this. Bolt the back to the frame. Set the back part of the bottom in, then press the lower front edge of the bottom firmly in as you hook it into the retaining clips.

Seat belts: Make them the same as the front. Buckles on the inside, metal tongues on the outside.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Jameel Qazi
#'s 67 SS
65 TPI / 700R4 El Camino

·
Registered
903 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jaqazi:
I don't know if your convertable changes this, but the rear seat on my hard top went in like this. Bolt the back to the frame. Set the back part of the bottom in, then press the lower front edge of the bottom firmly in as you hook it into the retaining clips.

Seat belts: Make them the same as the front. Buckles on the inside, metal tongues on the outside.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same for convertible. My rear back wasn't bolted in either. I can't believe it has stayed put for the past 13 years. It has bolts now, at the lower corners. You'll see the brackets on the seat and the corresponding holes when you put it in.

------------------
my 67 droptop

Dad's 67 droptop

·
Premium Member
17,418 Posts
The rear seat top section "hangs" off of several hooks on the back panel (similar to the hardtop), and there are two tabs at the bottom edge that have slotted holes for small screws (#8 size?) just to keep it from popping up and falling forward...

The lower portion just slides in and back and the lower frame snaps over the floor hooks... The pressure of the seat springs and material should keep the piece pushing forward into the hooks...

As for the belts... I ran them the same way as described above... Buckles on the inner sections, and the chrome "tongues" on the outer...

------------------
"Once you go RAT, you never go back..."
TC #1366
Tony
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/Quik66.jpg
http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/eng7.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts