Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! need help! I want to change the stock headers for Hooker headers but I can't find out what will fit. The stock headers seem real short and I know the exhaust has been changed but I don't know to what. It's a 350 and they are defiantly the original headers - Any info would be great as I want to order them today so I can get them on and get the car inspected.
Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
287 Posts
The only way you can tell is to call Hooker directly. They are owned by Holley and you can get part nos., info etc from the Holley website.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi Pete
I dont have much experince with what your asking but I'll try to help. First I dont think a Chevelle came with headers from the factory, just exhaust manifolds, so yours are probably after market. What year is you car and does it have air? Try doing a search of this forum and the performance forum cuz there is a lot of info on it.

------------------
Philip Blackburn
Primer black 69 velle (far from done)
my motors done...
454-60 over
iron merlin rec port heads
Compcams promagnum rockers roller cam
.646int.653exst 280/286 w/110separation
10.25 compression
RPM airgap eagal rods
ARP bolts and studs
will run an auto
ACES # 04287

[This message has been edited by ratlover (edited 05-01-2001).]

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm an idiot.. Sorry! It has the orignial "Manifolds" and I want to put on headers.. It's a 1970 350. The exhaust isn't original It has pro flow mufflers.
Sorry
Thanks
Pete

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by petesmithj:
I'm an idiot.. Sorry! It has the orignial "Manifolds" and I want to put on headers.. It's a 1970 350. The exhaust isn't original It has pro flow mufflers.
Sorry
Thanks
Pete
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was just looking around on the web and I saw Jeff's page Tech gold member #7(something) and his engine pics are sweet. The headers he is using look like they are around the ssame length as the stock manifolds. His pics say that he's using 3/4 length..

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by petesmithj:
I was just looking around on the web and I saw Jeff's page Tech gold member #7(something) and his engine pics are sweet. The headers he is using look like they are around the ssame length as the stock manifolds. His pics say that he's using 3/4 length..

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it has air sorry.. I'm so dumb today it's silly.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thats ok...what do you want to acomplish and what are your goals? Exhast manifolds arnt the best flowing setups but if all your going to do is daily driving and crusing then you can probably save some cash. Also full lenght headers offer better performance than 3/4 or shorty headers. Full lenght some times are difficult to fit. Is the rest of the car stock? If it is you probably wont gain much by switching to headres. Search the forums under perfomance and the tec 2001 forum for the best brands of headres(I think alot of guys like hookers) and the question of to coat or not to coat. SBC dosnt seem to have any fitment problems that some of the BBC guys complain about but I havent had any experience. You will also need to have the rest of your system mated to the headders. Does it have duals with an h or x pipe(do some searching on x pipe in the performance forum too) now is the time to add them if your doing exhaust work ne way

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks... Yes the car is pretty much stock apart from an Edlebrock intake and a Carter 4 barrel.. I called summit yesterday and they were really helpfull.. I went with Hookers and they're on the way too me.

·
Registered
86 Posts
try "original parts group"

its pretty easy to find headers for your car, just make sure you ask for the right year and engine size and they should bolt right on...

watch out tho because headers will probly hang down alot lower than the manifolds, mine scrape the ground on some bumps if im' not careful, i had to have a hole welded shut on one too. but i like em

------------------
Mike M.
[email protected]

'72 malibu 350, 350 tranny, not pozy yet, gots a shift kit though.... anyone like hood pins?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.