Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have the bore dia. of the GM steel shim .028 for SBC.

Thanx

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
What ever gasket you do decide on, make sure it clears the bores, and the heads. Don't ask me how I know this.

·
Super Moderator
13,311 Posts
Steve,
I dont have the actual number, but I would guess it is around 4.100 That would leave enough room for a .060 overbore plus some chamfer on the top of the bore. I actually think I have a set of them in the garage, I might take the time to look in the AM before I leave for the shop. Too lazy to put my shoes on and walk out there now :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bill. If you make your way out there ,that would be great.For some reason.4.100 sounds familiar.I've gone .040 with the rebuild.Hope I'll be ok............

Thanx

·
Banned
10,053 Posts
Steve,
I dont have the actual number, but I would guess it is around 4.100 That would leave enough room for a .060 overbore plus some chamfer on the top of the bore. I actually think I have a set of them in the garage, I might take the time to look in the AM before I leave for the shop. Too lazy to put my shoes on and walk out there now :)

Bill is correct, Most GM's are 4.100", The Fel-Pro 7733SH-1 is a .015"-.018" compressed thickness and 4.100" bore. The Mr. Gasket steel shim is a .020" - .022" and it has a 4.100" bore also

I would like to see the gasket bore at least .030" larger than the bore

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.