Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here we go...first of all i can't see where the wiring for the ignition switch goes through the firewall...secondly i don't know where the L-shaped plug for the temp guage goes for dummy lights and lastly there is a fat 12 guage red wire with an end that is shaped like an O coming from almost the begging of the harness close to the fuse plug. does anyone know what this is? please help!

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
A short red wire with a medium size round eyelet. Can't see the car. Guessing you have a 72 and the short wire goes to the horn relay.

·
Premium Member
2,223 Posts
It's a 72 right? The temp switch should be in the left head between the #1 and #3 spark plugs on a small block or just above the #3 plug on a big block. The ignition switch wiring is with the all the rest of the wiring in the bulkhead connector "fuse plug". The red wire connects to the horn relay just above the brake master cylinder. The red wire supplies power to the ignition switch/fuse block.

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
No fair Elree. I already guessed a 72. You have to pick another year. Are you peeking at my cards again?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is a 72 malibu and the wiring in it was all chewed up when i got it. i can't find a horn relay and am not sure what it looks like even.I suppose that they could have moved it. if you guys can give me a better discription or know where to get a picture please let me know. also the harness i have is for an original distributor i have an h.e.i. how do i alter it to fit the h.e.i.?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts