Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I purchased a pair of bucket seats for my 70, the seats look exactly the same as all of the other 70 seats I have looked at (headrests, button in the back, and other details) my problem is making them fit. I did some searching and found some measurements and tried to line them up with the conversion brackets, but it seams that the seat brackets are too short. These are the measurements I got off the seat mounting brackets, from center to center of each hole, on both sides from front to back I have 12 1/4 inches, from both front holes I have 12 1/4 inches, from both back holes I have 12 1/4 inches, and the diagonals I have 17 3/4 both ways. It seems that the brackets are too short for both the conversion brackets and the original holes in the floor from the bench seat. (I also realized that even if the seat brackets were long enough the front original hole is out to far and would cock the seat slightly outwards.) I am 99.9% certain that these are the right seats, all of the hardware, plastic backs, buttons, and headrests, are the same as all of the other Chevelles I see. Any help is appreciated.

------------------
1970 Chevelle Malibu 350 TCI 350 Trans (soon to be 4 speed) 3.73 posi metallic green with sliver stripes

Team Memeber #1007

·
Registered
314 Posts
I want to say my front to back measurement was closer to 14 inches. I can measure and let you know for sure. From the bench front mounting bolt move inward about .75 in and install you should be able to put the outside rear hole (of the 2 holes) in the bench rear hole.

------------------
Jody Sirmans
71 SS454
ACES

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seams that the seat brackets are about two inches short, but like I said I don’t know why because the seats look exactly the same as other 70 seats I have seen.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Its also possible you have the wrong seat tracks. Two bolts is all that holds each one to the seat bottom.

------------------
Rainer Seitz
Vancouver, WA
Team Chevelle Gold #50
ACES #3784

'68 SS396
'70 LS3 400 Malibu
'70 Malibu convertible 350/300hp

See them all at Rainer's Hot Rod Shop!
[email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts