Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a previous owner wiring job. The rocker switch supposedly works the water pump in the first position and both w/pump and fan in the second position. Two seperate relays involved. The fan relay has two wires from the load terminal,one wire goes to the fan, the other to the switch, nothing on the switch side and a ground. The w/pump has a load, switch and ground. The w/pump load goes to the pump, but it's 12v even with the rocker switch in the off position. The fan works with the rocker switch fully up. What am I missing here? This has been haunting me all week. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tony A. :confused:

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like Dean said! It's not a dpdt switch. down is off, middle runs just the w/pump and fully up runs both the w/pump and fan. The switch panel has a individual fuse for each circuit. This is in my race car by the way.

·
Premium Member
6,741 Posts
Wow, A+ for Dean! I think I know the type of rocker switch he's talking about, where down is off. Problem with his description is the pump has 12 volts with switch off. Is pump running with switch off? If pump is off then switch must be supplying grd not 12v. If pump is on then switch is as Dean said, center off. Need pic of wires going to switch, must be same quality as the one Dean did.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chalk this one up to dumb! I turned the switch to the middle position and it cut the 12v to the pump. With the rocker in the down position it runs the pump. I don't have it hard wired yet, but I bet with the switch fully up, she'll power both the pump and fan concurenlty. Thanks for the help and making me think.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts