Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will the Elelbrock RPM manifold with a Holley fit on a 66 BB. I keep seeing conflicting reports on this one and I don't want to purchas one without knowing for sure. Comments on carb and air cleaner combo's will also help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have the same combinaton,RPM, on my '67 SS with Moroso filter and 4" KN filter. Tried a one inch spacer but hood wouldn't close.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Justin, Why would you use a 1" spacer? Would the Hood fit without the spacer?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I spoke with a guy in Cal. who said he had a 65 with a BB and RPM manifold. He is using a double snorkle and says it works fine. I am going to try this setup in my '66. Edelbrock says it won't fit any 64-67 with a BB but I believe where there's a will there's a way.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts
If you really want it to fit, why not get a droped base air filter assembly custom made.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. As you can see I'm still getting mixed results. Sounds as if it works for Justin without the spacer, although I'm not sure if there's any slight differences in clearence between a 67 SS and 66 SS. I also did one of the searches on this subject and read many conflicting reports. I would like to find one guy with a 66 that has it installed and knows it will work. Again thanks for the help,this is one great site and one great group of guys.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.