Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the situation. Got a 93 S10 4dr 2wd Blazer w/ 155k miles. Engine is a W code 4.3 Vortec. Haven't done a leak-down test on it, but she appears to be sound. Never used any oil. Lately it's been running rich and been idling considerably rougher than your normal 4.3 Vortec. Just changed plugs and all on the left bank were good and a light tan. All plugs on the right bank were fouled. My local mechanic told me that the fuel injection needs replacing. I don't disagree and need to do this soon. This FI is non-reparable and the whole unit contains the pressure regulator, a fuel injector, metering body and six poppet nozzles. NOW.. following a natural train of thought... I want to make it better. Is bigger better? Is more better? Does the aftermarket offer a performance FI system for the 4.3 and if so, who?? This car turns a 1/4 ET in the 15.9s now and I would like one day to have it in the 14s. No better time to start than now. Anyone ever done any work on one of these? Any comment/help is appreciated. BTW...my wife has more trophys from the local drags with this car than all others in this house combined. I get a real charge out of her beating a mustang. They get pissed when they get beat by a woman in a 4 dr Blazer and leave to avoid having to explain to their buds.

------------------
Mike Crosby

[This message has been edited by MikEC (edited 07-13-99).]

·
Registered
687 Posts
If this eng is the port fuel injection it will cost about $20 to fix.The upper plenum gasket were notorious for blowing out and causing a vac leak and that sounds like your symptoms.Spray some WD40 in the area of the front of the intake top and see if it changes.Takes about 30 minutes to fix.

------------------
John 67SS
ACES #2887
TC #127

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Mike, With that kind of mileage I would also replace the Oxygen sensor if it is not recent. It is probably degraded.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.