Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for buckets for my '72 Chevelle. I have a set of marginal cores. A friend of a friend has a set of these (see pic) that are in a Nova, but he's sure they're not original-too wide and almost hit the door. I don't need correct as long as they bolt in easily enough.

The guy wants $150/pr, and my friend (I trust him) says they're good enough to bolt in right now-no cracks or rips.

Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Bryan:
I just pulled my buckets out of my '71 and they look pretty much the same as what you've got pictured. I got new back panels and release buttons and they're identical to what you have in your second picture. I'm not saying another A-body doesn't have something really close (e.g. Cutlass), but those look just like my Chevelle seats. (p.s.--the new parts I bought cost more than the $150 your friend wants...I'd jump on that deal!!!)

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I want picture proof, just to ease my mind. I can't find seat covers that look like that in the catalogs I have.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
They look like 69-70 Nova seat covers to me. The seat it's self (Strato Bucket) is exactly the same as far as I know.

$150 is a good buy

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They look like 69-70 Nova seat covers to me. The seat it's self (Strato Bucket) is exactly the same as far as I know.

$150 is a good buy
OK, so I'm sure they're NOVA seats. bolting in shouldn't be a problem, but are the frames/buns/etc the same? I'll probably bolt them in as-is, but for later when I want to re-do them, are they the same???

·
Registered
5,732 Posts
Bryan,
Is what your asking, is the frame, seat foam, etc. the same as a Chevelle? If you are, at all the pictures of 69-71 Nova bucket seat parts look the same as the bucket seat parts for the Chevelle 69-72. I am not sure though. Hope I was of some help.

Ethan

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ALready solved my biggest concern. The guy wants a bench seat for his car. One of my co-workers thinks he still has his original 68 one he took out years ago, and doesn't need (car wrecked at the track last fall). I'm hoping to do some trading-cash for bench, bench for buckets, beer for me, etc.

·
Registered
707 Posts
They are 69-71 Nova seats...if you REALLY want visual proof I have that from a PUI interior book but trust me on this one...

BUY THEM NOW EVEN IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO USE THEM...they'll turn easy for 250...and you could probably get more...

They will bolt right in your 72...a set of 72 Velle bucket seat covers from PUI runs right about 100 I think...and they'll go on those frames...heck I might even just put a new Nova back seat cover on my Velle frames if I were you and have a nova interior in my Velle...back seat covers are easier to do than front covers...

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yep, already have told guy to tell other guy I want them. Both guys are trustworthy, just have to settle on price. Another guy (#3) is also casually looking for a set of these for his '70 NOVA, so I have an out too if I really don't want them,a nd can maybe make a little suds cash too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts