Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have located a SS dash with 5500 RPM tach and gauges for my sweep dash to SS dash conversion. I have seen postings on here for idiot light to gauge conversions for SS dash's but never a idiot light sweep to gauge SS conversion. I need info. on how to perform the swap. Things to watch out for while doing the conversion, wiring diagrams, what all is needed for the conversion, etc.Do I need to use the dash harness and the engine harness or not? I have the housing, gauge cluster, engine wiring harness and dash wiring harness. I am running an HEI ignition. Can I still get the tach hooked up? I also have a tilt floor shift column and automatic console. What do I need for the console conversion? can I hook up the lights to the console? How? How do I get the proper location? the car was a auto column shift. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Go to my inquiry on 12-21-99 about a similar problem on dash conversion. Responses included one from JeffK ([email protected]) and he referred me to previous thread: www.chevelles.com/forum1/HTML/005459.html
which tells you a lot of the answers you need and refers you to wiring diagrams.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.