Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm restifying my 66 Malibu the rear emblem was cracked and I would either buy a new emblem but I understand that the chrome outer molding is not reproduced. Just the inner plastic piece. I recently spotted a 3oo deluxe that had no emblems on the decklid unlike my Malibu but it had a clean looking script emblem that just said Chevelle across the rear filler panel. Is this an SS emblem or a 300 only emblem? I like to buy a emblem like the one stating Chevelle for the filler panel and then fill the holes on my deck lid.

Did the SS cars only have the emblem SS and a blacked out rear filler panel?

Thanks Whittaker

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
Whittaker, The 66 SS cars used both the "SS 396" emblem (near pass tail light)and the "Chevelle" emblem across the center of the tailight panel. I think the 300 cars used the same rear "Chevelle" emblem as the SS cars. Both of these emblems have been reproduced and are easy to find.
Tom

·
Registered
33 Posts
The rear panels came with body color or blacked out. There was a lot of discussion a few years ago in the Chevelle Report on this. It seemed they could come either way for no particular reason. My 66SS that I bought new in 66 was body color. The one I have now is blacked out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dear whittaker I am no 66 expert but the rear panel on a 66 ss is body colored with a CHEVELLE script underlined and on the right side would be an open SS emblem . 67 chevelle had a blacked out center. The CHEVELLE script you are looking for is available from National parts depot they have them for the Malibu and SS the number is 1-800-2353445 in California hope this is good info! tj nelson

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, but I was mainly after the emblem info. I know about the blacked out panel. Did the 300 series of Chevelle use the same Underlined Chevelle rear emblem? I saw one on the rear of a feature car and I was wondering if this was correct? I think I'm going to use this emblem in place of my stock Malibu emblem. I like the more plain looks of it.

Thanks Whittaker

------------------

·
Registered
101 Posts
to answer your question, yes the 300 deluxe rear panel emblem is the same as the ss panel emblem it's the CHEVELLE with an underline, same holes and everything! 300's didnt have any mouldings though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.