Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help or confirmation...

Trunk lid inside, is it to painted same as exterrior?

Front fenders, inside hood, do you paint exterior color all the way down where it meets inner fenders, or do you stop at lip area right inside of fender?

Is the interrior Dash metal painted, flat black or gloss black ?

thanks!

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Looking for some help or confirmation...

Trunk lid inside, is it to painted same as exterrior?

Front fenders, inside hood, do you paint exterior color all the way down where it meets inner fenders, or do you stop at lip area right inside of fender?

Is the interrior Dash metal painted, flat black or gloss black ?

thanks!

The Jambs of the whole car are painted the same as the exterior, meaning inside the doors, under the trunk lid, and inside hood/fenders... Under hood is usually a semi gloss black and I think the same with the dash..

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
The dash would be painted to match the rest of the interior. On my car it is Cortez Silver with Red interior and the metal part of the dash is painted red.
I'll see if I can dig up a picture.

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Rear Tail Panel Section = Black semi gloss

Top of dash by windshield = Flat Black , but be careful how flat to make top of dash. you don't want it to get that dead dull primer type look.

Metal part of the dash/glove comp.door =60% gloss black.

Firewall, inner fenders, underside of hood, Front bumper filler panel, radiator core support will all match 30% Gloss Black.

Door latches on the 69's were painted on the car, body color. The hinges and striker were also painted on 69's. The 3 screws which hold the door latch to the door should be painted as well.

Trunk Spatter Paint = Aqua
www.zolatoneaim.com

Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks.....this is very helpful, want to get as close to right as possible, this is a complete frame off, she is coming back to life, qtrs are back on, spring is in the air! Ha! thanks again, sure I will have more ??,

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Rear Tail Panel Section = Black semi gloss

Top of dash by windshield = Flat Black , but be careful how flat to make top of dash. you don't want it to get that dead dull primer type look.

Metal part of the dash/glove comp.door =60% gloss black.

Not all were black though right? Depends on your interior color correct?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Bolts securing front fenders are not exterior color however, there are natural metal color as they were placed on car after painting at the factory. Check Barrett Jackson Auction Results in their website, they have some excellent engine photos of some well done cars, bolt colors, markings ect. Keep in mind not all are accurate. You can double check accuracy with questions asked on this site!
Good Luck, Keep us posted
Brian 69SS396

·
Premium Member
13,664 Posts
Not all were black though right? Depends on your interior color correct?
Never have seen any other color on 69. Now a 70 is different story.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
Never have seen any other color on 69. Now a 70 is different story.
I can send you a picture of my Red 69' Dash if you would like. It's untouched and original with little rust on it. Everything on the dash that was painted was red with the exception of the steering column which is black. The only reason that it's black is because it's an SS car. The malibus I have seen have red (or whatever color) steering columns as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts