Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need all the help and information on converting 1964 Chevelle 4-speed car
from small block to big block. What performance manifold can I use and keep the stock hood? Do I need to change motor mounts stands on the car? What oil pan do I need to use? Will the current 4-speed clutch linkage work? What headers would you recommend for clearance? Car is low to ground and current Hookers drag the ground on each bump. Currently have 400SB with 4-speed in car, I am putting 427 with the 4-speed in it's place and I need all the help that you guys can offer. I am concerned about hood clearance and do not want to change the stock hood.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The motor mounts should work off your 400. Headers could be a problem if your already draging the groung the rat is going to add atleast 120 pounds. I know that a performer rpm will not fit under your stock hood.Check out the edelbrock.com for more info on hood clearences. good luck!!! I just did mine 350 to 454 in 72 chevelle

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
I have the performer RPM intake on my 454...with a stock hood...I just pulled the 350 out in august dropped the 454 in with no problems,also running a 750 edelbrock carb.,if your car sits low,,DONT use Hooker headers...I have hooker comp headers on mine and they hang 2-3 inches below the front cross member,,,,I had to put non a/c bb springs in it...it stiffened it up but didnt raise it at all...headers still drag occasionally

------------------
Bob West
Monett,Mo.
1972 Malibu,461 cid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.