Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new console for my 69 SS. I have a hurst competition plus shifter that I have been using, connected to an M-20.
When I tried to see how the console would fit, the shifter handle is too far over to the left for the console to fit. Do I need to just changes stick handles???, Obviously I cannot move the linkage over.
Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks!

·
Registered
341 Posts
You may have to change your shifter to the correct one for the 69. The correct Hurst shifter works with or without a console..It places the lever almost in the center on the trans hump. Hope this helps.

------------------
69 SS396 69 Malibu Ragtop
70 Monte 72 El Camino
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913
Chevelle Club of Michigan
Rode shotgun in the ONLY Z16 convertible made.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom,
So changing the stick wouldn't work I take it? Hmm.. Do you by chance have the part number for the hurst competition + for a 69 chevelle? Man this is frustrating!!
Thanks for the reply!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
As a matter of fact, I do! I just ordered a shifter and installation kit from Jegs for a 72SS I'm working on. The shifter is p/n #391-8014 and the installation kit is p/n #373-7834. What I am wondering is if the hole in the floor on your car is factory or owner installed to fit the shifter that is in the car now? That may ad to your unhappiness! Good luck!

------------------
70 Monte 72 El Camino
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom,
When I purchsed the car from my father in law, the console was long gone and a Hurst Indy shifter was installed. I proceeded to buy a never-used Hurst Competition plus to use instead. I decided to get the car up and running and then install the console later. So I think the shifter is correct for the tranny, but not for a chevelle. I thought that hurst made sticks that had bends in them to work with console cars, but I would rather have the correct shifter. Thanks for the part numbers! I assume that since you bought it for a 72, it will work for a 69, and that you are also using a console. Where did you purchase the shifter and kit, and what did you pay?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tom, sorry, Didn't see that you ordered form Jegs. I went to their online catalog, and typed in the numbers you provided, but have come up with nothing. Do they have that shifter and kit in the catalog, or did you special order it?
Thanks again!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just call Jegs, they know the part numbers. That shifter fits 68-72 Muncie with or without a console.

------------------
70 Monte 72 El Camino
Team Chevelle Gold #33
ACES Member #02913

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.