Chevelles.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are just a few of my engine wiring harness problems...
1)I just bought an m&h wiring harness for a coil+points ignition and i need to alter it to fit an hei.
2)I think the pink and yellow wires that terninate together at a c-shaped end are for the coil originally but i am not sure.
3)I believe that one of the plugs is supposed to connect to a t.c.s. but i can't find one where my assembly manual says it should be. please help this poor rookie.
clueless in california

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
"1)I just bought an m&h wiring harness for a coil+points ignition and i need to alter it to fit an hei."

M & H does custom work on their harnesses. One thought is to have them alter the harness for the HEI. May want to talk to them.

"2)I think the pink and yellow wires that terninate together at a c-shaped end are for the coil originally but i am not sure."

That connection originally went to coil (+). The pink is the resistor wire which needs to come out for the HEI. The yellow runs down to solenoid R terminal. Not needed for HEI.

"3)I believe that one of the plugs is supposed to connect to a t.c.s. but i can't find one where my assembly manual says it should be."

The TCS has a few parts to it. Maybe you are referring to the TCS solenoid? Need to know what car you bought the harness for and the wire colors in the connector you are looking at.
http://www.wiringharness.com/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts