Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A bought a new ignition lock and was wondering if anyone has replaced one. I unscrewed the benzel but it would not come all the way off. I got it to a point where it spins but it won't come off. Thought I would ask before I broke something. Thanks in advance for any help, rian

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Well, tighten the bezel nut back down some. Insert the key and turn it to ACC. There's a small hole right above the key. Insert something stiff into it. Some people say a paper clip works but I use a fine jewelers screwdriver. You should feel a button inside there. Push on the button and turn more left (CCW). The lock should move more left then pop out. After the lock portion is out the nut will come off.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
John, Thank you, it's great guys like you are out there and care enough to help. I won't be able to try it until a new set of locks is sent to me. The set I recieved was suppose to be for a 66 but when installing the trunk lock it didn't work. The guy I bought it from on ebay say's I have the later trunk lock used on 67 so he's sending me a new set. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks again, Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts