Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find someone to install an engine in my car?
I just but the '68 Chevelle a couple of months ago. I have to admit it that I am not an expert when it comes to working on cars. Me and a friend of mine just put power disk brakes on the Chevelle last weekend, but that is how far I would go. Don't get me wrong, I would love (and I will) to learn how to do more complex work on my car, but at this point I just don't feel comfortable.
Anyway, the Chevelle has a 350 in it right now, which is pretty much at it's last days. I am thinking about installing a GM Crate 502 motor, and I was wondering if anyone knows of anybody in the Seattle, WA area that installs motors, or have any ideas on how to fins someone.
I would really appreciate your inut, and I apologize for the long e-mail.
Thank you.
P.S. This is a great site, and I would definetelly contribute something to keep it going (going back to 4-5 day old messages about shoting the site down).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Have you ever watched Hot Rod TV (Horsepower tv)? It`s on TNN they just did it step by step, or Car Craft magazine about 2 months ago ?You need a special oil pan, and I hope you car is an automatic,I think those are the only problems. What about the local garage? I believe It`s something you could trust to your local garage.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yanniz, I live in the South Seattle area and am well-acquainted with a guy who is highly qualified to install your 502. In fact, he just completed a 502 installation in a Blazer a few months back. He's a professional mechanic, without the high shop rates, as he works out of his garage in his spare time. Email me privately and I'll put you in touch.

------------------
Stan Hanek
'70 SS - 396 4 sp.
[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.