Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted this before but I have useful infomation.
This is the old post--
( I have a central Heat\AC unit outside my home. I'm a do it yourself person. The problem is the heat(electric) won't blow out with the thermostat on AUTO. With it on the Fan Auto\Heat position there is a Click,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Click and it does this every min and a half with no heat blowing out. The clicking is coming from the central unit outside.
I have figured out that with the thermostat in the Fan ON\Heat, the heat works and the air blows out just fine, but you have to turn Off to stop it.)

**** Now for the New information***
I found out some useful information. The first click is the heating coils turning ON and the second click there turning OFF. I found this out by putting my hand on top the heater duct out side the Unit. You can feel the heat(Big time) .
Now listen to this crazy stuff. I put the stat OFF and it still clicks,,you can feel the heat. I even put stat on AC ON,,, it clicks and there is heat Big Time. What is causing this?

P.S. Thank You Chucks72 for the help..

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Also the piece that came apart looks like a sequencer and if it came apart it is bad. What it does is when there is a call for heat it will energize heat up internally and close internal contacts and bring on 1 bank of heaters and so forth until all come on. also when you hooked up the green (fan circut) and red (24volts hot) it is like turning the fan switch to on. do you have a meter to check voltage I can talk you through trying diffeent things. what is tthe make and model of it.

·
Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Don't have to deal with home heaters myself, but you might want to check the switch. The contacts inside might be fused together, not allowing the circuit to be broken when it's hot enough, and should be cutting off. Just went through the same thing with my old air compressor, switch contacts stuck, wouldn't open. Just a thought...

·
Premium Member
3,572 Posts
Sounds just like what happened to me Thursday night, blower quit working.
Tech came out Friday morning and said it was a a part that operates the internal thermostat of the furnace. The part ran about $375. there is a switch inside that rotates, he checked mine and it was stuck closed, when he turned it to the on position it stuck there.
Since my furnace was about 27 years old I opted for a new furnace instead of dumping money into the old one.
Alll I can tell you is when he opened the furnace there was a small box (about the size of an outlet) inside was where the circular switch was, he manually rotated it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts