Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the trick for removing the window cranks and inside door handles on my '67 SS. I'll be so glad when I'm not a rookie.

Rickster
TC Gold 257

·
Registered
446 Posts
There is a special tool made for this. There are other ways to do it and they will be posted right behind me.
One suggestion if you are new, go to the top of the page and click on "search" then type in the subject, like "door handles" It will show you a list of topics about the subject that have been discussed i the past, usually some great info to be found that way.
I remember a very good post about your question awhile back and there were some clever methods listed.
Welcome in, and good luck with the Chevelle!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well we were all rookies once,welcome to the site,seems this is where I came in about 9 months ago, I use a small screw driver and push the clip off of the handle but the tool for that is much easier, and to re-install put the clip back on the handle and push it back on the stud, hope this helps. Enjoy....
Gene.........

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the information. I've used the search feature several times with great results but no hits this time. I'll try to locate one of the tools now that I know there is a clip to remove.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
One neat tip for this that appeared here earlier was to put a piece of cloth behind the handle (and behind the plastic washer,too) and pull it through. This will snag the little wire clip and take it out.
The proper tool to do this job is pretty cheap. I got mine from Whitney and it removes a variety of trim clips, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.