Team Chevelle banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,293 Posts
?? Is that a problem? It's 2 screws...its back on now.
Looks like you ground off the original rivets? Id get factory rivets and try to make it look like it was never removed. Research that. Should have a good reason for removeing trim tag. Otherwise looks like foul play.

·
Premium Member
7,371 Posts
The VIN of the 74 actually tell us quite a bit of information. If you want to share it, it could answer some questions. We really don't need the last 6 of the VIN, all the last 6 are just the sequence number, like a serial number. The VIN will tell us which engine was originally installed.

74 1AD37 - 1974, 1 (Chevrolet), AD37 (2-dr Malibu Sport Coupe) OS - Oshawa, ON. assembly plant ... 432980 Fisher Body Production Number
747 interior trim code, 29 paint code, I think D was the top type or top color??? 3D is the build date 4th week of March
156-152- Data processing tracking numbers of no significance today.
CB1- Exterior Soft Trim Cover

We don't see many later Chevelles past 72 around here.
Font Bumper Audio equipment Electronic device Automotive exterior

Starting in 73, the cowl tag was affixed with 2 screws.
Font Commemorative plaque Metal History Number

Keep an eye out for paper in various locations. Like back seat cushions for one. I don't think Oshawa was using build sheets for that year, but they did have a Line Schedule Tag with the vehicle's information on it.
Brown Wood Rectangle Art Font
Font Plant Screenshot Rectangle Electronic device

Does your car have swivel bucket seats?

Welcome to Team Chevelle. 😃

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since it's a Canadian built, your best bet is Vintage Vehicle Services as Canadian information was kept, unlike the US info. Good luck!!
Looks like you ground off the original rivets? Id get factory rivets and try to make it look like it was never removed. Research that. Should have a good reason for removeing trim tag. Otherwise looks like foul play.
Pretty certain they were screwed down with screws from 73 on. Of course not everything you read on the internet is true...but that's what I've read....2 screws held it down on this one.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, we learn something new every day. Not a whole lot of 73+ Chevelles crossing the block here.
I agree with that...not too many around these parts..im in Lansing Michigan....I was just looking for some history on the car....odd thing is it was sold right here in Lansing in 74 and I have all the paperwork to prove that.I was mainly looking at the interior...it has *********** bench seat with black interior....it also has a light blue half vinyl top...they did strang things in the 70's. Lol. Anyway thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The VIN of the 74 actually tell us quite a bit of information. If you want to share it, it could answer some questions. We really don't need the last 6 of the VIN, all the last 6 are just the sequence number, like a serial number. The VIN will tell us which engine was originally installed.

74 1AD37 - 1974, 1 (Chevrolet), AD37 (2-dr Malibu Sport Coupe) OS - Oshawa, ON. assembly plant ... 432980 Fisher Body Production Number
747 interior trim code, 29 paint code, I think D was the top type??? 3D is the build date 4th week of March

View attachment 723792

View attachment 723793

Keep an eye out for paper in various locations. Like back seat cushions for one. I don't think Oshawa was using build sheets for that year, but they did have a Line Schedule Tag with the vehicle's information on it.
View attachment 723794 View attachment 723795

No...it has *********** bench seat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since it's a Canadian built, your best bet is Vintage Vehicle Services as Canadian information was kept, unlike the US info. Good luck!!

747 interior trim code, 29 paint code, I think D was the top type or top color??? 3D is the build date 4th week of March

View attachment 723792

View attachment 723793

View attachment 723794 View attachment 723795

1D37H414

·
Premium Member
13,293 Posts
Tim,
Just a question. It is not my intention to offend. Have you given any thought about tucking in the front and rear bumpers? IMO that generation Chevelle is greatly improved by that modification. Maybe you like the look of the “5 mph bumpers” as they were called back in the day.

Reactions: timhawk8270

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tim,
Just a question. It is not my intention to offend. Have you given any thought about tucking in the front and rear bumpers? IMO that generation Chevelle is greatly improved by that modification. Maybe you like the look of the “5 mph bumpers” as they were called back in the day.
As a matter of fact that is one of the first things I'm doing this winter...a section of the filler in the rear has crumbled.So I figure now is a good time to tuck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts