Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the air conditioning hose that goes from the back of the POA valve to the compressor attach near the top of the right (passenger) outer fender with a bracket? I have a hose, however, it doesn't reach the outer fender, it lays across the inner fender. I recently saw an original car where this hose attached near the top of the outer fender (about in the middle). Also, what is the correct brace for how this hose attaches to the upper slotted alternator bracket and where do you get one.

·
Registered
13,265 Posts
Yes. My wife's 70, my son's 71 and the ac unit from my 72 wagon, which is in the attic, all 3 are (were) held by a half moon clamp with 2 hex head sheet metal screws to the fender. And on all 3 it is a tight stretch for this hose.
This hose was NOT retained to the alternator bracket. There is a clamp attached to the alternator bracket which the heater hoses go through. The ac hose has a length of foam hose around it and this portion of the ac hose lays over the heater hoses/alternator bracket and a black plastic self latching strap goes around the hoses holding them in place. Did I confuse you?

------------------

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.