Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just pulled the POA, expansion valve, and dryer off my 72 Malibu and Im putting new parts back on. Im not sure if there is enough oil in the compressor. I pulled the back of compressor off but there is a screen and I cant tell. Is there any way to know the oil level without pulling the compressor?

·
Registered
447 Posts
blaster. If it's a stock compressor then GM made a special dip stick to use through the back of the compressor to check the level. You might stop by your local GM dealer and talk to an old timer mechanic. Maybe he will lend you the special tool and show you where to stick it! Hope this helps!

Mark

------------------

<A HREF="http://www.chevelles.com/showroom/Mark50265ss-7" TARGET=_blank>65 MalibuZZ502/200R4/9inch
</A> 1 2 3 4
The 502
1 2 3
72SS/402/T400
97 Chevy Tahoe/Whipple Supercharged

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I installed all the new Ac parts and pulled a vacuum leak down test on it. It leaked so I took the parts off and put them on again. It still leaks. Where could it be leaking? All I did was put a POA and expansion valve on and popped the back of the compressor off. Could I have caused a leak in the evaporator area from trying to get the fittings apart?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.