Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there.. Just got on this morning. Just wanted to say hi and that last week I bought me a 70 Chevelle 350. Right now it's stock with the exception of an Edelbrock intake and a Carter 4 Barrel Carb oh and pro flow exhausts.. I'm going to try and restore it but this is my first one so be prepared for a lot of questions.. :) My first one is Headers.. I need some. The stock ones are blowing like mad and I need to get it in for it's inspection. I though I might as well go ahead and change them for new ones.. What recommendations do you guy's have..?? I'm hearing Hooker..?

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Pete, Hooker is the best headers that I have used. They are made out of thicker metal and will not crush as easily on the bottom side and will not rust out as fast. They may cost a little more but are worth the price.
Nate

------------------
The more cubes the better!!!
70 SS 396
71 SS 454 clone 8.8 1/8 on pump gas and 8" slicks
Team Chevelle # 1143

[This message has been edited by Nate (edited 04-26-2001).]

·
Registered
3,797 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
I just bought a set of Flowtech Terminator headers. I haven't tried to install them yet so I can't tell you much about the fit, but as far as headers go, they are very heavy and look to be well built. All the welds are nice, and the flange is pretty thick. Of course this is just the opinion of the dude!

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Where's the best place for headers and other parts.. I'm going to need a few :) I'm in the North Dallas area if any of you guys are and know of some good resources. Thanks again. Also if you know any good engine build shops and spray shops in the area that info would be appreciated also.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Pete
Check out SummitRacing.com
I have ordered tons of parts from them and have had no problems with dealing with them.
Good luck.....

------------------
66 Malibu 327/TH400
77 Vette 350/350

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
Hi Pete, I saw that you were trying to make a smiley face? If you want to see how to make a bunch of them, click on the smilies legend in the post a reply area.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017
A.C.E.S.#3731
there is only one way to fail, and thats to quit.
Maryland Chevelle Club

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Pete, welcome to the site. You can count me as another vote for the Hooker Super Comps. Almost everything I hear about them is good. I'm getting ready to redo my exhaust soon and I plan to use the Super Comps. They can't be beat for power.

------------------
Craig Crisafulli
'69 Malibu
355 (Dart Iron Eagle Heads, Comp Cams 282S cam, Performer RPM, HEI, 9.5:1 comp.)
TCI TH 350 3000 RPM Stall Speed
4.10 12 Bolt Posi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you guys crack me up.. Anyone know the part number for the Hooker s for a 70 Chevelle..!! The guy I bought her of said it had Pro Flow mufflers and it looks to be a new exhaust.. The current cast headers seem pretty short and I'm not sure how I know which Hookers will fit..!!! Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by petesmithj:
you guys crack me up.. Anyone know the part number for the Hooker s for a 70 Chevelle..!! The guy I bought her of said it had Pro Flow mufflers and it looks to be a new exhaust.. The current cast headers seem pretty short and I'm not sure how I know which Hookers will fit..!!! Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOps - It's a 350.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.